Sunday, January 10, 2010

Walt Disney Concert Hall


One of my first projects for my Fundamentals of Interior Design was to chose a building and essentially discuss the historical influence of the building, i.e. type of architecture, when it was built, what was going on at the time to influence the building of it, and just about the building itself. So I chose the Walt Disney Concert Hall because I've always enjoyed how post-modern the building is and definately wanted to learn more about it. It is a great building and if you ever get the chance to see a concert there, then do so! If not, even just taking a guided tour is awesome. Our tour group was just me, boyfriend, and another couple so the tour guide let us listen in quickly on a practice in the auditorium which is usually off limits. The acoustics were phenominal! I've actually seen a concert there but just being the only ones there was simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment