Saturday, January 16, 2010

Big Change #2

As I mentioned in my first entry or so, I was about to experience several big changes in my life as the new year was beginning. I officially began my interior design program and as of week two I have survived but I have also learned that even though I love my classes, I am not too good of an artist. It's ok, I sort of knew but hoped maybe I'd somehow gotten better. I have also learned that school in any format still leaves me lazy, but I do enjoy going to class more. I've swapped midterms for papers and projects but I'm probably still going to be a procrastinator even though I tried to start early. Oh Anna, some things will never change. It's more like I need to clean my room, work on my projects, and run a bunch of errands and I really want to work on my projects but I can't until I get organized which means cleaning my room.

I swear I'm not usually this messy. When we got back from Hong Kong my room was immaculate. But as i unpacked, things didn't get put away, and then we got into pre-Big Change #2 (I swear I'm getting to it) and it all went down hill. But once I get this clean, I'll be ready to finish my projects for the week!

OK so to get to Big Change #2, boyfriend moved to Chicago. BIG SAD FACE.

Warning: This may get ooey gooey and I may cry as I write this. I'm pathetic sometimes.

So for the last 3 years, 8 months and 16 days, the boyfriend and I have been fairly inseperable. We have had a handful of days each where we weren't together due to little trips we took individually or travel for work here and there but for the most part, we've spent most our days together. He lived about 20 minutes away and when people would find that out, they'd say that's kind of far. Well now it's definitely far now that he's 2000 miles away. How did this come about you might ask? Well with the way the economy has been going, his old firm began laying people off and giving him a lot more work to do with no promotion or anything. So disgruntled he started looking for another job. After putting his resume out to the world for a few days he was contacted with a position in Chicago which seemed like a great opportunity. We had always talked about the possibility of looking for a job in another city and I guess it was just a matter of time before this would happen. Since I'm starting my own thing, I couldn't really just pack up and leave with him. So for the next few years it'll be flights back and forth. Luckily my classes are currently on Wednesday and Thursdays so I can visit Friday through Tuesday. Unfortunately though (well for me at least), his new job involves a lot of travel. So that makes me sad because he'll be gone for weeks at a time, and traveling to new places, and I'll be here. Hah ok, so it's a bit selfish but yes I'm also jealous.
So yesterday I dropped him off at the airport and said goodbye. It's been a bit surreal and we're skyping and texting and calling but the hardest part is when I think about how he won't come by after work. Or we're not getting coffee on Saturday and Sunday mornings together. And it's really weird that he's no longer 20 minutes away and I can just go to his place and crash til he gets home from work or what not. So that's probably the hardest thing and so far I'm doing better than I thought I would but I think the test will come in the next few weeks as I'm getting to see him next weekend when I fly out to Chicago to visit but then he'll be in Brazil for the whole month of February. So I guess no Valentine's day (it's a stupid holiday anyway-yes I'm being bitter) and no Chinese/Vietnamese New Year together.
So the next few year's are going to be different but I guess it's just an adventure to add to our relationship and it'll be exciting to experience. Plus it'll make us both grow individually and strengthen our relationship... right? Well I hope so.

So the last week or so has been getting him ready for Chicago. Moving out of his apartment, getting him packed, meeting up with friends and just trying to spend a little bit of time with him was difficult. 7 year's of things really does add up and unfortunately, I feel like I re-homed a good amount since it's stuff I decided to inherit (since I bought most of it for him anyway) or I'm taking it to him in Chicago. By Wednesday we have moved almost everything either to my house, the dumpster, or his parent's house. Thursday was our last day together so we got up, had coffee with his dad, and unloaded to rest of his stuff at his parent's house.
Here's boyfriend taking a break from unloading and deciding whether to keep the monkey chair (i think it was a gift from hs friends a few years ago)
After a lot of moving and running a few errands, I dragged boyfriend to go eat because I was about to pass out from hunger. So we went to Din Tai Fung. The dumplings there are to dieeeee for. I can't believe he had never been there especially since it's right by his paren'ts house and it's reallllllly good.
Totally love it. So delish and even the red bean dumplings for dessert as yum. And I don't even really like red bean.

So I'm getting a bit better with the taking pictures and posting... now I just have to work on it not taking me 3 hours to finish a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment