Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another rainy day and projects!

It's another rainy day in Orange County. 4 days of it and there's still another day to go. I actually enjoy it and find it nice since I'm indoors anyway. I could just do without the tornado and flood warnings. I know.. tornadoes? What are those? I can tell you about earthquakes and maybe about the tsunami signs (since I live be the beach), but tornadoes? Not so much. Anyway, here's the stuffed dachshund looking at the rain. The real one does the same thing but almost refuses to pose for pictures so this is her substitute that I bought in Hong Kong. I guess you could consider it the cheap knock off version of the real thing. Hehe.

So this week I've been working on my first Design 1 project. We had to design a piece using implied and inscribed lines to show disorder and chaos. The first thing I learned with this project is that I am not a very good artist. I also learned I over think things.
So here's the sketch preperation for my project. Exploring the use of different sized graphite pencils and black pens.

Exploration of graphite sticks. Similar to the pencils, just thicker.

Exploring ideas for my first project. I had no idea what I was doing.


These sketches are a bit better. My teacher thought the first sketch had potential but needed more emphasis on order and chaos so I worked it a bit more.


We also had to do a little research of artist's uses of line. I chose this piece by Picasso. Hopefully I was able to interpret his use of line ok.

Here is the final piece. It starts with an H graphite pencil and then moves to 2B, 4B, 6B, and then a 4B graphite stick. Hopefully you can see the movement of order to disorder.

Here's a preview of my color analysis project for my interior design class. It's only a preview because that's as far as I've gotten. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment