Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fundamentals Week 3

So this week we had an art project instead of a written assignment for Fundamentals of Interior Design. Our project was to create an 8x10 or larger "portrait" of ourselves using color. We could use any material to help describe ourselves and it would be evaluated by our guest presenter who is a color analyst. So to jog your memory, this is what I left off with last week.


I decided to do a collage using pictures of shoes because well, I love shoes. I went with high heals to describe the difficult journey towards a brighter personality. The left side is my life in accounting. Dark and unhappy. The plaid background represents me, how I like things neat and organized. It moves toward my life that I hope interior design will bring me: bright and happy and much more color balanced.


So in class, we all put up our projects anonymously and the guest presenter said what she thought our projects said about us. Apparently, I am obsessive (all the shoes) and not sensible (they're all heels). I thought this was a color analysis! But she might be a little right, a bit obsessive and not sensible may describe me.

Since I'm running a bit late for my design class, that project update will have to wait until after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment