Thursday, April 29, 2010

SF/Sonoma Wedding Weekend

Boyfriend's cousin got married over the weekend which meant family reunion and trip to SF and Sonoma! We all flew in from different areas (Boston, Philly, LA, OC, New York, and Chicago) around the same time. The adults stayed in the City for his other cousin's birthday dinner while all the kids went out to Sonoma for the rehearsal dinner at the estate the bride and groom had gotten for the weekend. Here we are going over the Golden Gate bridge! I always take the Bay bridge so this was my first time. It was a bit foggy.
It took a little while to get out to Santa Rosa where we were all staying and then a bit longer to the estate. We were quite a bit late but luckily the dinner was very informal. The bride and groom cooked AMAZING food. I would swear it was catered if I didn't see them grilling myself. The estate was huge and even comes with a dog and cat... I know, right? Sorry I forgot to take pics since we were all excited meeting new people and catching up with everyone. After the dinner, we were all going to a brewery but decided to stop at Safeway to stock up on snacks and water for our rooms. We all had a bit too much fun at the market taking pictures and enjoying all the aisles. Here's boyfriend with his jug of water.
The wine aisle was quite extensive - as it should be since we were in wine country. Pictured are the cousins in deep thought trying to pick the appropriate wine. See, I told you we had way too much fun. Maybe you had to be there.
After we hit up the brewery for a little bit and then called it a night after a beer or two. We had a big Saturday planned so off to bed we went. The next morning we had brunch at a nearby cafe (more on that in my next food post). Then we went wine tasting! On a recommendation from years ago, I suggested my favorite sparkling winery, J.
We all did a bit of wine tasting. And they also had a cheese tasting that weekend. I tried a few sparklings, a white, a red, and a liqueur. In the end, I went home with a sparkling rose since I love a bit of bubbly.

After we walked around Healdsburg and had some lunch. Then it was time to head back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. Here's boyfriend at me at the wedding. How cute are we. Hah! It was a bit windy, but still nice.How gorg is his cousin and her new hubby! Quite the lovely ceremony.
Boyfriend's dad, me and boyfriend in the tasting room before dinner. Amazing hors devours and yummy drinks. They even had a fabulous signature cocktail!

The dinner was held is the barrel room with one lonnnng table. The table was soooo beautiful! It was very intimate and the food was so yummy. As well as wine paired. We tried to keep up with the pairs and as soon as I was almost caught up, I'd get in a conversation and then magically my glasses would be filled again. Good/bad, you decide.

The next day we all checked out and headed back to the city. It was a beautiful day going back into the city and this time the Golden Gate was sunny!
Back in the city, boyfriend and I decided to have lunch at the ferry market building before I had to drive him to the airport. I love the ferry market building! Too bad it wasn't Saturday but it was still fun. Love all the little shops and I always want to eat everything.
Boyfriend had to fly back to Philly for work while I stayed an extra day to visit with my sorority big sis! Lil sis was supposed to meet up with us but the highway she takes to the city was closed because of a huge accident so it was just my big and me for the day. Overall, super trip to SF. Beautiful weekend! Great family time. Next post: all the yummy things I ate (well most of them, I sometimes get too excited I forget to take a picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment