Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Boyfriend flew in from Philly. He's been working there for a few days and will be there this week too. So for the weekend his company lets him travel wherever so he decided to make a trip home since he hasn't been back since the big move. So Friday night I went to LAX to pick him up. His plan was a few minute delayed so I got acquainted with circling the airport. After he got his stuff and we went to his parents house in LA and then to a late night dinner. After we came back and hung out a bit before bed. The next morning we had coffee with his parents and then came back to the house where he helped with parents with some stuff while I worked on my sketchbook projects for class. After we went to get dumplings at Din Tai Fung. Ughhh sooo good and since we went with his parents, that meant ordering like 5 additional dishes beyond what we'd order just for me and him. Everything was so good and I was sooo full by the end of the meal. Then we headed down to OC for the night. It was just a relaxing evening. The dog went nutso over him being back. He rested while I finished up the sketchbook. Then we went to sleep. Sunday we were planning on stopping at South Coast Plaza before Urban family brunch but since it was Easter, most things were closed. So we headed to starbucks and waited for a few stores at Metro Pointe across the street to open. After browsing a bit we headed to brunch at Break of Dawn in Laguna. I had heard tons of good things about this and all the stories were true. Sooo goood. I love breakfast but I have been finding it hard to find a decent place for a unique breakfast. I've been a bit tired over Plums Cafe so this was very refreshing. I had the creme brulee french toast. Usually I don't go for the sweets but I felt like I couldn't pass this up. I happen to love creme brulee so this made it extra delicious. It was a cinnamon raisin brioche with caramel-chocolate sauce on top of mexican chocolate and coconut custard with brulee-d sugar on top. OMG so good. The combination of soft-eggy bread with the crunchiness of the creme brulee was soo amazing.
Boyfriend had the eggs benedict. He thought it was pretty good. Not the best ever (I think Plum's still wins in this category) but it was still yummy.
Two poached eggs on potato bread with smoked ham and an asian pesto hollandaise. Soooo delish. The potatoes were cooked so perfectly and had a great seasoning. The rest of the family got yummys also including the mac and cheese and vietnamese meatloaf. All delicious. Can't wait to come back.
After brunch we headed to Trader Joe's to do some family shopping. I've been living off the cookies and chocolate powerberries I bought. Sooo addicting. Plus I've been having this awful sweet tooth lately that I've been finding the need to satisfy. We then headed to the Irvine Spectrum to check out the few open stores and enjoy the sunny mild day. I ended up stocking up on a bunch of colorful basics at F21. It's nice to walk out of a store with 10 things for about $60. Then we headed back to my house, rested, and headed back to his parents house to go out to dinner. We had shabu shabu and amazing sashimi and a nearby Japanese restaurant. It was quite amazing. I think I really should had titled this Eating Weekend instead of Easter Weekend. After I dropped boyfriend back off at LAX for his red eye to Philly. He'll be back this weekend so I'm excited for this week to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment