Friday, October 15, 2010

Commissary

[photo taken from yelp.com]

So last weekend, a friend and I decided to enjoy a lax Friday night and grab a drink. We decided to forgo DT Huntington and Newport and head to Commissary Lounge. My friend had heard about this lounge in the Lab and I had never heard a thing about it so we decided to check it out. After getting to the Lab we began our search for where this place even was. Pass the Gypsy Den, the open door in the shrubs had to be it and sure enough, it was. Beer (in champagne flutes) and wine (maybe just sangria), concrete floor and walls, open ceiling and modern art filled this space. I was fairly sure that the Lab doesn't even know there are a few hipsters who are squatting here and selling beer and wine, but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. The DJ played some good beats and the clientele was laid back, for the most part. I could do without the 10 f0bby azns on their way to shark club but then again, it made for good entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment