Monday, October 4, 2010

Catching up: Part 2

I went to Chicago at towards the end of August. Instead of working harder to finish my color theory portfolio and work on my drafting, I joined the Chicago Architecture Foundation and took a few tours. I didn't quite feel as guilty as I figured it was at least related to my career aspirations... right? (I won't lie, after I was a bit disappointed in myself for not working a bit harder but that was my fault for slacking the entire quarter) Don't worry, my portfolio was over-nighted in time and I was never so happy to finish a class in my life. My first CAF tour was Chicago Old and New. I had the privileged of getting my own personal tour guide since they thought putting me in with the German tour would be a little tough for me. I thoroughly loved getting to know my docent and thus, didn't take any pictures. For my second CAF tour, I took the El train tour which focused on things you don't really notice at eye/ground level. The El train is short for elevated train since much of Chicago's public transportation is above ground. Take a CAF tour and you'll find out why they're above ground =) Here are a few highlights




When in Chicago, an architecture tour is a must. Part 3 will be the tour that you MUST take. It's a pretty fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment