Thursday, December 16, 2010

LA Day (Part 1 of 2)

So I've had a bunch of blog's set up, just waiting to be written and since it's the last day of 2010, I thought I better get on it if I want to attempt a 2010 "reflective" post. So enjoy the next few posts as I attempt to catch myself up with the end of 2010... which I cant believe is here. To begin, a while ago, my friend Jenn and I decided to take a quick day trip to LA. First stop for lunch at a vegan and macrobiotic (I don't know what that means, someone explained it to me but I sort of forgot) place in Little Tokyo, Shojin.
Neither of us are vegan, but I do have an interest in eating vegan. Too bad I can't give up a yummy steak. Shojin has great reviews on Yelp and you really don't have to be vegan to enjoy this place.
First up, miso soup and a side salad. Dressing was AMAZING. I could eat salad all day if it had this dressing on it.. And who doesn't enjoy a bowl of hot miso soup.
We ordered the lunch bentos which included the wasabi avocado rolls (which I thought were eh), tofu (yummy!), a sort of inari rice ball (I happen to really like inari, so yummy as well!), and an entree of choice. I went with the fried tempeh. As I'm convinced you can pretty much fry anything and it's fabulous, I so went with it and it didn't disappoint me. I'm still a little unsure what tempeh is but fried and then in a garlic scallion sauce and I'm happy.
Jenn went with the pumpkin croquette and it was super yummy also. The pumpkin croquette was sort of my first choice but she called it first and I'm not a believer in getting the same thing but she generously let me try some and being a pumpkin lover, I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! will steal the salad dressing for you soon...

    ReplyDelete