Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Jenn!

It was actually yesterday, and we celebrated yesterday, but this is me today writing about yesterday! For dinner, we went to Javier's in Newport Coast. The place was gorgeous, the food was good, and the pitchers of margaritas were well worth the extensive price. I'm pretty impressed I remembered to bring my camera, but I can really only give Natalie credit because she reminded me to take pictures. Here's Ila and Jenn... notice we've gone through almost a full pitcher of margaritas, and we haven't even finished the guacamole...
The other side of the table: Jason, Natalie, and Me
Hiroki was there too but he was enjoying his iphone4 and finding ways to try to get me to get one too... damn him.
So then came the end of the meal and Javier's ran out of candles for the flan, so Natalie told them to improvise... Minutes later they return with a lighter, a flashlight (not pictured), and a latin man to feed flan to Jenn as they sang to her. I don't know about you, but no candle can hold a light (get it? hahaha.. sorry.) to what Jenn experienced in place of no candle on her flan.
After we headed over the Pierce Street Annex for a few more drinks. A few others joined us and then we went off to finish the night at karaoke. A very good night indeed and hope Jenn had a good time too!

2 comments:

  1. awwww! it was the bestest!! (i hope i wasn't too embarassing - lol) We didn't get a pic of us two... poopoo. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was an awesome birthday party. that margarita was sooooo smooth.

    ReplyDelete