Monday, June 14, 2010

Procrastinator? I think not...

I'm usually a procrastinator. The whole "I work better under pressure" statement is usually my motto. But for the first time in I don't know how long, I did not procrastinate and I finished early. I usually still somehow end up finishing barely on time when I don't procrastinate because I start early and then linger and take my time and then I'm practically late. Does the lingering count as procrastinating. Let's just say it doesn't this one time. Anywhoooo... so last week I was able to finish my final project for the elements of design class. I went to class last week even though it was optional mostly because my TA scared us with a sort of threatening email in regards to going if we were at all unsure about our project and how we would be spared on grading. Luckily only 7 of us took it seriously so we got out early. Anyway, it turns out I didn't need to go to class and my teacher looked at me like I was sort of dumb for coming since I didn't really need any help, at least not in comparison to others. I guess it was sort of true but I did get reassurance. Anyway, here it is! It's a hanging art mobile that evolved from my sculpture project. I'm sort of excited over it. I sort of thought it was lame but I really enjoyed making it and sort of got into the concept of abstract art and what not. I really like that it spins. I'm actually thinking of keeping it around after my class. Besides the enjoyment of making it, getting carpal tunnel from cutting it, and only bleeding twice. I was super excited that I finished it last Thursday and it's not even due until tomorrow night. Usually I'm really working up until that point. Let's just hope nothing happens to it between now and tomorrow night.

Next up on the finals list is my design communication portfolio. So I finished my last homework yesterday and even managed to start putting my portfolio together. That sort of meant going back and re-doing and adding any final touches to past homework. I actually pushed through (and by that i mean work until 3am) and got a lot done last night. Then I finished it up today and since I had minor changes to the last homework, I was able to finish tonight. I had even planned on working on it a bit tomorrow morning but now I don't even have to do that. So proud of myself =) Anyway, getting to previous projects that I haven't updated the blog over:
This is week 7, an orthographic projection and elevation of a bedroom.
Week 8: One point perspective of one side of a bedroom. I actually re-did this project because I made a bunch of mistakes but this was essentially the project. I'm too lazy to photograph the final for my portfolio but essentially I failed to make a few things 3D... oops.
Week 9 was actually some 2 point perspective exercises that weren't too exciting so I'm not posting them. This was week 10 though. It's a 2 point perspective interior. I know... a bit bland. But for my final I added a few extra things in it. So lets just say this was the basic version.
This was week 11: a 2 point exterior. I finished this over the weekend and it was a pretty good end to the course. The only thing I reworked was that tree to the right. I thought it would be ok per the professor's instruction but it was suggested I make to more interesting than just a cutout.

So that's it! Tomorrow I take my portfolio for design communication to get reprinted so I can drop it off before my final presentation for elements of design. Yay! And portfolios aren't even due until 6/28. But I'm actually getting back from Chicago that day and I don't really want to lug all this stuff to Chicago to work on it and then mail it in. So yay for not procrastinating and yay I'm done! That means tomorrow I can actually take some time to clean my room and pack and just relax before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment